- This event has passed.
Cat City Drag Race by CCGBA
October 7, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree Admission
Help the CCGBA find the “Royal Highness of Cat City” during the ultimate Drag Race! Up to 15 contestants will compete for the best drag over the five week competition starting on Monday, September 9, 2019 through Monday, October 7, 2019. They will be scored by five judges including local celebrity judges on originality, themed outfit, personality, and performance. But don’t let the smiles fool you, there will be shade! After the weekly performances, each contestant gets to spin the “Wheel of Shade” to either add or subtract points from their competitors. Plus, the audience gets to make the most noise for the crowd favorite worth 25 points!
The contestant with the most points each week wins a prize! The contestant with the most points at the finish line, WINS the TITLE!
Hosted by Anita Treadmill and music by DJ Galaxy
Schedule, Celebrity Judge and Weekly Location
- Monday, September 9th, Studio One 11 (Celebrity Judge Sister Penney Pasta) – The Category is “70s – 80s Disco”
- Monday, September 16th, The Barracks Bar (Celebrity Judge Jeff Hocker) – The Category is “Leather and Lace”
- Monday, September 23, The Runway (Celebrity Judges Manny the Movie Guy and Comedian Shann Carr). The Category is “Runway”.
- Monday, September 30, The Roost Lounge (Celebrity Judge Jayla D. Foxx) – The Category is “Showtunes”.
- Monday, October 7, Trunks Cathedral City (Celebrity Judge Anya Camins Brinnard – Queen of the Desert) – The Category is “Royalty”.
- Monday, October 14, Winner Meet and Greet at AMP Sports Lounge – The Category is “Winner.”
6 pm Cocktails
7 pm Show
Free admission. Must be 21 years of age or older.